This is my last and final Halloween craft project to share with you this month. I promise!!! I did warn you that I kind of love Halloween a lot!!! Anyway, the project I am sharing with you today is a Halloween Birdhouse that I created using the new Thirty One collection by Pebbles, Inc.
I bought the original wooden birdhouse at my local craft store several years ago. You might think this is totally crazy, but this is not the first time that I have altered this birdhouse! In 2010, it was a beautiful pink and floral Be Brave Birdhouse that was on the opposite end of the color spectrum and theme as the Halloween one I am sharing with you today. After all these years, I felt like it was time to give it a facelift. Feel free to check it out and see what you think of the transformation!
TUTORIAL | Trick or Treat Halloween Birdhouse
- Paint the birdhouse a solid color that will compliment your patterned papers.
- Create a template for your birdhouse using copy paper or a transparency.
- Lay the paper on the birdhouse and crease it along the edges. Use a pencil and draw along these edges.
- Cut just outside the pencil lines to create your template.
- Lay your template on the birdhouse and make sure it is the right size. Trim off any excess.
- Position your template on your patterned paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cut it out.
- Lay your cut out patterned paper piece on the birdhouse to make sure it fits correctly. Trim off any excess.
- Adhere your cut out patterned paper to the birdhouse using adhesive. I recommend Yes! Paste.
- To create the roof, cut 0.5 x 12" strips from patterned paper and run through a paper crimper.
- Cut strips into smaller pieces to create shingles.
- Adhere to roof with hot glue gun.
- Decorate the birdhouse with stickers or other embellishments of you choice.
I can't wait to see your birdhouse creations!!! Feel free to share a link to them in my comments below so that I can check them out!
SUPPLIES | Pebbles Inc.
Patterned Paper and Stickers: Pebbles/ Thirty One Collection
Wooden Birdhouse: Hobby Lobby
Adhesives: Hot Glue Gun, Yes! Paste, Double Sided Foam Tape
Tools: Paper Crimper, Border Punch/ American Crafts, Scissors, Pencil, White Copy Paper
Paint: Acrylic Paint