Yesterday I shared with you how I created a Halloween Door Garland using black trash bags from Dollar Tree. Today, I am going to share with you how I decorated the garland using more fun finds from Dollar Tree, including some skeletons and skulls!!!
SUPPLIES |3 plastic skulls
6 plastic skeletons
Krylon Silver Spray Paint
TUTORIAL | Decorating the Dollar Tree Halloween Door Garland
- Pull half of the garland hanging in front of the door over to the right side and wrap a length of wire around it to hold it in place. Pretend you are tying back a curtain.
- Take the silver tinsel, cut it in half and wrap half of it around the tied back garland.
- Repeat this process on the other side.
- Spray paint the skulls and the skeletons with silver spray paint until they are fully covered.
- Let dry.
- Attach to garland using 20 gauge wire.
- I had to do a little finagling with the wire to attach the skulls, and quite honestly it was a bit of a pain to get them attached. If I had it to do again, I would use a strong adhesive, such as E6000, to attach a length of ribbon to the back side of them and use that to tie them to the garland. I would recommend that you use this method if you want to attempt this yourself.
You have now decorated your garland and you are ready for Halloween!!!
Overall this project was a bit time consuming, but the joy I had in making it and the money I saved by doing something like this made it all worthwhile to me. Cutting the trash bags is what took the longest amount of time and I did that over several evenings while watching TV. If you break it up into pieces, it is really quite manageable. I am also hoping that I will be able to salvage it and re-use it next year, but maybe freshen it up with some other decorations! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!