Hello everyone! Today I have a tutorial to share with you on how to create Easter Eggs using Styrofoam eggs and Bo Bunny Blossoms and Petals. When the Blossoms were first released I knew I wanted to use them to create an altered art or home decor project and with Easter right around the corner, I was inspired to use them to decorate some Easter Eggs. I had a vision in my head of pastel Easter Eggs covered with glitter glass and gorgeous flowers. I think the end result achieved my vision! Below you will find a video tutorial on how I created the eggs. I will show you how I took the Styrofoam egg and transformed it into the lovelies you see in the photos. In the video I also share how I created the smaller flowers using Bo Bunny Petals to accent the larger Bo Bunny Blossoms.
I also decorated the basket with Bo Bunny Lace in coordinating colors!
Spring is coming, but until then I think I will just craft a little of it into my world! How about you? I hope you enjoy the video tutorial and I would love to hear any feedback you might have as well as any questions about this project or any other I have created.
1. 3 Styrofoam Eggs (5" in length)
2. Mod Podge
3. Foam Brush
4. Tissue Paper
5. Thin Dowel Rod
6. White Acrylic Gesso
7. Elmer's Glue
8. Diamond Dust or Glass Glitter or Glitter
9. Heat tool for drying
10. Dylusions Spray Ink - Vibrant Turquoise, Bubblegum Pink & Lemon Zest
11. Hot Glue Gun
12. Bo Bunny Patterned Papers - Prairie Chic
13. Bo Bunny Zinnia Blossoms - Blush, Denim Blue & Buttercup
14. Bo Bunny Petals - Prairie Chic & C'est la Vie
15. Cuttlebug Quilling Die - Daisy Kit (for the leaves)
16. Ranger Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo.