Looking for Christmas gift wrap ideas? You have come to the right place! Today I am sharing with you an elegant gift wrap idea I created using a new, empty paint can I got at a hardware store. I altered the outside of the paint can using the St. Nick line by Bo Bunny. When I showed it to my dad he thought it would be excellent if it was filled with Christmas cookies! I think that was a hint for me dont' you?! LOL!!!
Below the images I have posted a supply list and instructions so you can create one too! I have also included some close ups of the 3D St. Nick and instructions on how to create that element as well.
Patterned Papers: St. Nick Sleigh, St. Nick Mistletoe, St. Nick Sugar Plum, St. Nick Noel
Ribbon: Double Dip Evergreen
Vintage Santa Image: Royce Bair on Smug Mug
(If you search that site you can purchase images for personal use at a really decent price!)
Large paint can (approximately 8 inches tall)
Punches: Martha Stewart
Adhesive: Hot Glue Gun, double sided foam tape, Yes! glue
Distress Stickles and Glitter Glue
1. Cut sixteen 1.5 inch x 7.5 inch pieces of patterned paper. (I cut 4 from 4 different patterns.)
2. Adhere them to the paint can slightly overlapping them and not putting glue on the part that overlaps.
3. Punch six-eight 12 inch strips from cream colored patterned paper and cut them to .75 inches in height.
4. Spray each strip lightly with water and ruffle fold it.
5. Hot glue these around the top and bottom edge of the paint can.
6. Hot glue 3/8 inch ribbon on top of the punched strip around the top and bottom.
7. Punch a strip of patterned paper making it long enough to run along the paint can handle.
8. Hot glue this strip along the handle.
(I punched one 12 inch strip and another 5-6 inches and glued them together. I then trimmed any excess once I had finished gluing it to the handle.)
9. Hot glue 5/8 inch green ribbon on top of the punched strip you just glued to the handle.
10. Tie 2 bows from the 5/8 inch ribbon and hot glue them onto each end of the handle.
3D St. Nick instructions:
1. Download the image and print it 6 times on matte photo paper.
2. Cut out varying sections of the image layering them to create depth based on their position in the original image.
3. Between each layer apply double sided foam tape to create more dimension.
4. Apply Distress Stickles to background image and Glitter glue to Santa's beard for extra sparkle.
5. Mat image on cream colored patterned paper and then on red paper.
6. Adhere to front of paint can.
I hope these instructions are helpful and clear. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via Facebook.
If you are looking for other Christmas gift wrap ideas be sure to check out the Bo Bunny blog for more inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by!