I hope some of you are going to be able to play along at Got Sketch with their mini. It is going to be a fun filled week of great inspiration. They shared their first challenge (prizes are included!!!)today...I just checked it out and it looks so fun! I can't wait to play along!!!
A toot to share...
I just got an email from Layle at Scenic Route and they selected a Christmas ornament I created as a winner for their November Product Challenge! I am so thrilled!!!
I just love this little guy! It is one of those wooden ornaments that when you pull the string the arms and legs move!
Here are my instructions if you would like to make one too.
- Paint each section of the wooden ornament a color corresponding to the color of the patterned paper you plan to use to cover each piece.
- Use a permanent marker and trace each section onto a transparency.
- Cut out the pattern and trace it onto the patterned paper you selected and cut out each section. Use adhesive to adhere the piece to its correct location on the ornament.
- I distressed and inked the edge of the trim pieces and inked the edges of all of the other pieces before I glued them in place.
- Mix molding paste with white acrylic pain and swirled in the beard to give it some dimension and texture.
- Patterned paper
- Adhesive (I used Scrappy Glue)
- 1 Pom Pom
- Brown Ink
- Various Acrylic paint colors
- Molding Paste
- 3 small buttons
- 2 small black adhesive pearls (eyes)